Housing Trust Silicon Valley’s Finally Home Security Deposit program provides a one-time grant up to $2,500 to individuals and families moving to permanent sustainable housing. Priority is given to individuals or families with the greatest need, who can sustainably remain in permanent housing and are able to demonstrate long-term self-sufficiency.
Applications must be submitted on behalf of the applicant by one of the partner agencies listed below.
This onetime grant can be used for a security deposit with a max amount of $2,500.
- Client must be moving into rental housing within the County of Santa Clara
- Assistance is available for individuals and families who are currently experiencing homelessness, or those at-risk of experiencing homelessness that are moving into permanent sustainable housing.
- Household maximum income limit cannot exceed 80% of Santa Clara County’s area median income. Income limits are adjusted annually. The 2019 income limits are listed below:
|Persons in Family||1 person||2 people||3 people||4 people||5 people||6 people||7 people||8 people|
|2019 Income Limit||$72,750||$83,150||$93,550||$103,900||$112,250||$120,550||$128,850||$137,150|
- Finally Home Application (completed, signed, & dated)
- Identification/ Driver license (all members of the household over 18 years of age)
- Income verification (all members of the household over 18 years of age)
- Budget Worksheet
- Verification of housing subsidy (if applicable)
- Rental/Lease Agreement or Letter of Intent to Lease (minimum six month lease)
- Submit a completed application package to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application package must be submitted by an eligible partner agency. Application must be reviewed for completeness and approved by an authorized agency program Manager.
- Caseworker will be notified of application status. If application is incomplete, HTSV staff will notify the caseworker of documentation deficiencies. If the caseworker does not respond within 48 hours, the application will be cancelled.
- Grant/Check will be mailed directly to the landlord/property management company within two business days of approval.
- Lead Base Disclosure
- Tenant Rights Brochure
- Housing Assistance Reference Guide
- Emergency Assistance Network
- Tenant’s Rights – Local non-profit agencies providing free legal assistance: